Each year LEADERShip Martin County Alumni puts on various fundraisers in order to generate the money needed for the annual Nancy Sailer Youth Leadership Scholarship that is provided to one of the graduates of the Martin Youth Leadership Program. The following is a list of some of the fundraising events that the Alumni Board of Directors have undertaken in the past:
- LEADERS for Scholars luncheon at Carrabba’s Restaurant – enjoy lunch with Alumni, friends, and co-workers.
- Celebrity Chef Cookoff at Benihana’s – watch celebrity chefs prepare your meal.
- Rolling on the River Casino Night – Gamble the night away (with fake money, of course).
- Halloween Party at The Elliott Museum – dress up in your favorite costume and tour the museum.
- Social gathering at Joe & Jody Duerr’s house.
- Social gathering at Sharon & Tim Kinane’s house.
- Biloxi Blues at the Barn Theater – Pre-show reception in “the Barracks” and a play.
- Laughs for LEADERship – Nationally touring comedians perform at the historic Lyric Theatre.
- Golf Outings at Summerfield Golf Club and Hammock Creek Golf Club.
- Run for the Pineapple 5K run.
For more information on the Martin County LEADERship Program, Youth LEADERship or the Martin County LEADERship Alumni Foundation, call the Stuart/Martin County Chamber of Commerce at (772) 287-1088.